Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010


Leaving the library today, I passed a young mom, wrangling four kids and a stroller down Lincoln Avenue. Two little boys, aged around six and four, ran up to the deep, gated, stone clad window well, and shouted echo! echo! echo! The younger of the two parroting what the older one did and said. Aw, do kids still do stuff like that? I thought to myself. Walking on, I hear the six year old keep his echo going with a slightly sloppy version of the chorus from Bad Romance, nailing Lady Gaga's monotone Tibetan-like chant: rama ga-ga! rama, ram-a-la! ga-ga, ooo la la! as the younger one tried to keep up. That sounds familiar, I thought to myself not recognizing the song right away, and taking a closer look at the mom when I did. ...caught up in a bad roe.....! That's enough, the mother interrupted, let's keep moving...

1 comment:

American Girl said...

Kate sings that, too.